Activities & Events
Activities and events run by the Florence bay rover crew
The activities we do and the events we organise are really dependent on the crews decision. Activities are wide in range and can be almost everything and anything we wish, the only limit is our imagination. Some of the large events we assist in running or organise ourselves include.
Region Swimming Carnival
- The Rovers assist region by the running of the swimming carnival early on in the year. The rovers organise activities, games, races and entertainment for the afternoon. All sections across the kennedy the region are invited. The swimming carnival is usually held on a weekend in March each year.
- A Purely rover run event for the venturers and linking Scouts so that they get to meet the Rovers and do some cool activities, Roventure is normally a weekend camp run once yearly with lots of running around the place and doing bases
Stone age Rumble
- Another rover run event fro the venturers and linking scouts to mingle with other venturers, scouts and meet the Rovers and do some cool activities, Stone age rumble is usually run on a weeknight once yearly and is jam packed with loads of fun activities for the scouts and venturers
Chrstmas in July
- Christmas in July is an event for the leaders and Rovers to sit back and relax and have some fun. as the name states Christmas in July is normally held in July and has a different theme each year, giving the opportunity for those who attend to dress up and win prizes, The night (usually held the weekend before region camp) is Jam packed full of music and fun Activities such as Trivia, Karaoke, dancing and theme based games. Along with a sit down 3 coarse dinner, the rovers run a bar onsite with a selection of alcoholic and soft drinks available and offer the option to stay overnight as an additional cost.
- Run on every second year (last one was 2016) during the V8’s in Townsville. More information will be coming out about 2016. Keep an ear out for more information.
Activities and events run by Kennedy Region
Fun Food Fellowship (FFF)
World Scout Day Camp & Celebrations
Townsville Scout Review
Jota / Joti
Activities and Events run by QLD Rovers
QLD Rovers run a number of state level events, organised by committees appointed by the Queensland Branch Rover Council.
Information about major events is available from the QLD Rovers website, but check the frequently updated QBRC Events calendar here.
- Banana Bash is a Motorsport event run by QLD Rovers; Each Rover Crew builds and drives their own vehicle, courses/scoring are based on skill, not speed! Banana Bash currently runs on the October long weekend, so the dates for the 2016 event are 30th of September-3rd of October. This year it was held at a private site in Pine Mountain, Queensland. Only current rovers are permitted to attend the event, except for visitors day. On visitors day (Sunday), the event is open to the public to come and observe, and we encourage members of other sections to come along and take a look.
- QLD Moot is coming back and it is going to be bigger and better than ever!!! Get excited for four whole days of partying with the best QLD has to offer. QLD Moot usually runs in the month of April over 4 days.
St George’s Ball
- St George’s Ball is the largest formal gathering of QLD Rovers, for a night of celebration and relaxation. Awards are presented for notable and not-so-notable achievements by rovers throughout the year. The event is set to be a night of glitz and glamour as we showcase the best of Rovering in Queensland over the last 12 months. The event is open to Rovers, Olaves, Leaders & Non-Members 18+ and is usually held in Brisbane in July/August.
Test n Track Moot
- Test n Track Moot is a Motorsport event run by South Eastern Region Rovers for QLD Rovers. It is primarily designed to allow crews to test both their cars and their skill around the track used for Banana Bash. It is a non competitive weekend. Test n Track Moot is normally held at the Karingal Scout Camp, Mount Cotton in the month of May.